Sunday, February 3, 2013

Color Wave











Throwing some cute colors on recently to combat the winter blues. The flats were a new and necessary purchase, having worn all my others down through the sole. I feel as though breaking in a pair of flats is so painful and highly not-so-fun. But I took the plunge today and paired it with a simple vintage crop top and colorful patterned hi-lo skirt, and the necessary black hat. Temperatures are way up, then way down.. only adding to this inconsistent shorts one day and a parka-the-next type weather.. to be honest, I was still freezing (in comes fur coat).

I'm also obsessed with this new Ankh necklace from Nasty Gal, its super big and prominent, and I pretty much have been wearing it nonstop since It arrived about a week ago. I love staple jewelry. It's always been something that I don't buy a lot of, because I prefer inheriting my Grandmother's. There's just so much character and sentimentality to inherited jewelry as opposed to new. However, I can definitely see this simple little piece becoming a favorite.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and enjoy your Sunday! It's still snowing here.. thank goodness the groundhog didn't see his shadow.

Hat: Jessica Simpson (via Nordstrom) Shop Nordstrom Hats!
Top: Vintage
Skirt: Target (old)
Shoes: Via Spiga (via Nordstrom) On Sale here!
Necklace: Nasty Gal Shop Sale Accessories Here!
C
XOXO

Olivia








14 comments:

  1. Amazing colors! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon your chictopia profile which lead me here. I love this outfit it's fresh, funky and that coat is awesome...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it <33 keep coming back!

      Delete
  3. oh wow i am seriously in love with your blog and style! Soooo glad your one of the 17 style stars or i never would have found your blog. I have been scrolling through it forever and i can't wait for even more posts lol. our styles our similar so i have gotten many ideas from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sammie! I'm so glad that you found me via Seventeen! That's what it's all about. So glad to have gained you as a follower, keep in touch! I tend to post every other day xoxo!!

      Delete
  4. If you are going for most excellent contents like I do,
    just go to see this web page all the time for the reason that it gives quality contents, thanks
    Also see my web page :: smoking with hypnotherapy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors of the skirt! Hopefully it warms up soon. Such a cute outfit as always! I hope you enter my bubble necklace giveaway!:)

    www.simplydaring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny - all black with an ankh necklace was the outfit worn by one of the most memorable indy comic book characters of the 90s, the character Death.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/30137785@N06/3191030114/
    http://www.bedetheque.com/Planches/PlancheA_150963.jpg

    The character wore lots of studded things (boots, belts), too - very ahead of her time :) Check out the comic sometime:

    http://www.amazon.com/Death-The-High-Cost-Living/dp/1563891336/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Olivia,

    I found out about you through the Seventeen Style Council and just wanted to say how much I LOVE your blog/outfits/sense of style!! (I am a wanna-be fashion designer.) My favorite look of yours is the blue dress and black tights - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will support a lot to scale back soreness attributable to gout.

    Several of the most popular gout treatment treatment
    accessible contain:.

    Here is my website - how to treat gout

    ReplyDelete